Summer is upon us, and once again we are excited to welcome a talented group of young faces to the BPA family. We've learned that pursuing young talent keeps our ideas fresh and our technological abilities sharp. You may recall that in March, we sent representatives of BPA to career fairs at Auburn University for both architecture and interior design students. Both fairs were extremely fruitful, and these new team members are a result of those encounters.
We're pleased to announce the addition of two new full-time employees, Micah Martin and Marlee Caldwell.
Marlee Caldwell, Designer
Bachelor of Science in Interior Design Auburn University
Fun facts about Marlee:
- considers herself a foodie (loves to eat out and try new restaurants...or eat at some 3 days in a row!)
- thinks her dog, Titan, is a human
- spends most of her free time on the road visiting friends or going to the beach
- killed a plant her first week of work
- obtained her LEED Green Associate in Spring 2015
- considered a VIP at Sam's Super Sandwiches
Micah Martin, Graduate Architect
Bachelor of Architecture Auburn University
Fun facts about Micah:
- plays guitar and soccer
- enjoys: live music - anything but country (under any circumstances); traveling, exploring new cities, and finding urban art
- favorite writer: Kurt Vonnegut
- leather worker (bags, wallets, purses, belts, etc.)
- avid Auburn football fan (through good times and bad)
- super legit at ping pong - challengers welcomed
Micah and Marlee are joined by a host of other students that have joined us for the summer. Asa Porter and Preston Rains are rising 5th and 3rd year Architecture students, respectively, from Auburn. Kelsie Perry has joined us to complete her senior internship through Auburn's Interior Design department before graduating in August. These summer interns meet a great need in this busy season in the firm's life and hopefully learn a thing or two along the way. They may only be with us for a season, but they will always be a part of the BPA family.